Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What we did in May...

We had a lot going on in May...

On 18 May, Karl and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary! Wow! 8 Years!

We celebrated by spending the weekend (18-19 May) at Titisee...a very pretty lake in the Black Forest. We ate our dinner in the hotel restaurant. We are in one of the yummiest seasons in Germany: Erdbeern and Spargel! Strawberries and Asparagus! Fresh strawberries and large white asparagus are everywhere. So we ordered the restaurant's asparagus dinner and strawberry dessert...it was very yummy. The next day we walked around the lake and took a hike through the forest. It was all so beautiful!

Titisee, Germany

On 20 May, Karl turned 33! We went to dinner with our American friends to a Biergarten, sitting outside in the warm evening, chatting with friends and eating good food. The perfect German evening!

On 23 May, I had to say goodbye to Uta, my German Instructor.

Uta, German Instructor

I have certainly not surpassed my instructor...she simply found another, more stable job and won't be able to teach German anymore. I'm very happy for her...she's seems to have found a good opportunity for herself...but I'm very sad for me. She was a wonderful instructor! I had German lessons with her twice a week. She was very good at what she did and I will miss her! I will have to visit her husband's Greek restaurant often to see her! I will be continuing my German lessons, but I don't know yet with whom.

On 28 May, Karl and took a hike in the Black Forest. It was a gray and drizzly day but it was a holiday (Pentecost) and we felt anxious to get out and move, so we hiked through the Black Forest behind Burg Windeck over looking Buehl. It was a beautiful hike! We were once again reminded that we live in a wonderful part of the world!

The Black Forest near Buehl

See more photos of our month here.

I hope your May was as nice! We're looking forward to a good June, too...we plan on visiting some new French towns and I'll be celebrating my birthday in Ireland. See you there!

No comments: