Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Grüße aus...America!

Karl and I recently returned from spending three weeks on the other side of the Atlantic! We visited my famly in Houston and then his family in Salt Lake City and ate a lot of milkshakes, barbeque and Mexican food!

Thick Thick Thick Iceberg Milkshakes

I arrived in Texas on April 18, spending a week with my family before Karl arrived on April 24. While there I got to know the two new members of my family my nephew, Max, and my sister's fiance, Andrew.

Meet Max!

Max

Here he is trying out the Sock Monkey quilt I made for him:

Max tries out his new quilt

On April 28th my sister, Susan, married Andrew!

Andrew and Susan

I was a beautiful wedding and everything went wonderfully. We got to see a lot of my cousins and aunts and uncles who came to Houston for the occasion.

On May 1st, Karl and I flew out to Salt Lake City. We got to meet our newest neice, Claire, the daughter of Karl's brother, Elliot, and his wife, Sarah Beth.

Elliot, Claire and Sarah Beth

And, of course, we spent a lot of time hanging out with Karl's large family. I flew back home to Germany on May 7th, but Karl stayed for another week when all of his out-of-town siblings came to visit.

Here is Karl with his brothers and sisters:

Harwood Kids

He had a lot of fun with his siblings. One day he played with his sister's PhotoBooth program on her iMac with his brother Michael and his neice Allie:

Karl, Allie, and Mike

It was fun to be back in the States and see our family. It was also a little strange to see America after being in Germany for 7 months (man, Americans sure drive really big cars!). But we were both very happy to get back to Germany. Our trip reminded us how much we love it here. On my first day back, I looked out our window and saw this beautiful view of the Black Forest, and I felt like the luckiest girl alive!

Black Forest

See even more photos of our trip here.

No comments: