Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finally...a room with a view!

When Karl and I lived in Salt Lake, the view out our bedroom window was a brick wall. No really, there was a brick wall not two feet outside our window. (We nicknamed our bedroom "the cave" because we never got any natural light in there.)

When we lived in Michigan, the view out our bedroom window was a courtyard in our apartment complex. But our window was at ground level and anyone in the courtyard, or looking out a window across the courtyard, could see right in. So our blinds were closed a lot. Plus, our neighbors liked to hold their arguments out there (instead of in the privacy of their own apartment) so there was sometimes a lot of yelling and cursing outside our window.

But now...finally...

Our bedroom view

6 comments:

melissa said...

beautiful, heather!

heather said...

Thanks, Melissa! It is pretty isn't it? We had a lot of rain last week and I opened up the curtains one day and saw a double rainbow! I took this photo of it...I'm not sure the second rainbow came out as well, though. So, when are you coming to visit?

Sarah said...

sigh! I want to come over again!

heather said...

Come! All of you!

Felicia said...

What a beautiful view indeed :)

heather said...

Felicia, thanks! You have a cute blog...I love that musette bag! I think I'll have to make one for myself!