Monday, March 12, 2007

Grüße aus...München! (Part II)

On our second full day in Munich, Tuesday, February 13, Karl and I decided to visit Bavaria Films! This was a film studio located just outside the city. It is actually not only the largest film studios in Germany but the largest film studio in Europe and is the location for the filming of such films as "Carabet", "Das Boot", "Enemy Mine", "The Never Ending Story", and the recent "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer". It is also the location of the production of several German television shows...including my secret embarassing indulgence, the soap opera "Sturm der Liebe" ("Storm of Love"). (And yes, I did keep my eye out for any of my favorite "Sturm der Liebe" stars and no, I didn't see any.)

We took a tour through the studio that included all kinds of fun and games...

A photo op:

Heather with King Kong at Bavaria Films, Munich

A stop on the streets of Berlin...or rather a set that was originally built for a film about Berlin in the 1930s:

On the streets of Berlin...movie set

And we got to make a little movie! Three tourists were chosen as actors and our tour guide filmed different scenes based on this recent German film (it looks totally stupid and I do not recommend it):

Making a movie at Bavarian Films, Munich

We walked through part of an old set from "Enemy Mine" (the set was used for a shot of a space station):

Enemy Mine space station film set

My personal favoarite was visiting the set of one of my favorite German movies, "Das Boot":

Heather and the engines of Das Boot

But I think Karl most like riding the dragon/dog from "Neverending Story":

Karl in the Neverending Story

We had a lot of fun! But no time to go into more detail about the tour..."Sturm der Liebe" is about to start...

(Look at all of our pictures from our couple of days in Munich here including photos of some beautiful churches.)

No comments: