Thursday, February 01, 2007

My family is trying to steal Karl's thunder...again.

Thanks to all our our friends and family who have taken the time (and cost) to call and email Karl this week. We're grateful for all your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes. He has certainly appreciated your concern. He's doing fine...his back and head are still achy, but he's been getting a lot of rest and hasn't had anymore bouts of amnesia.

Here are some ways he has been filling his TV-less, Xbox-less, book-less, computer-less time:

putting together a paper castle model,
Karl making a paper castle model

Legos,
Karl making a Lego Darth Vadar

and grilling steaks in his pajamas (Karl thanks you for the idea, Erik).
Karl making a steak and wurst in his pajamas

We're especially thankful for the concern from my own family, because they have all had much better things to think about this week.

On Monday, January 29th my mother finally became a Grandmother!! Congratulations, Mom!

We got a call from my parents letting us know that my brother's 7-months pregnant wife was just admitted to the hospital. She was diagnosed with preeclampsia (high blood pressure) and mother and baby weren't doing so well. So, at 4:13 pm (Utah time) she gave birth by C-section to little 3 lb 3 oz, 16.5 inches long Max Striegel Keller! He's little but strong. The doctors are all very happy with how well he's doing. His mom is doing fine, too. Congratulations Erik and Monica! We can't wait to meet you, Max!

Max

Here are more photos of Max and his mommy and daddy (thanks to Kaila for taking some of these photos!).

Also, on Monday, January 29th, my sister, Susan, got engaged! His name is Andrew and by all accounts, Susan finally found a man who treats her right! The wedding is set for April 28th. Congratulations Susan and Andrew! We can't wait to meet you, too, Andrew!

Susan and Andrew

Here are some photos of the happy couple in New Orleans.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Heather, Guess what? I finally figured out how to leave a comment on your blog--all by myself! I want you to know how much I enjoy what you write. I look forward to every new entry. Hope Karl is still doing well. I love you both. Mom

Zachary said...

Sorry your Thunder got stolen Karl, but Max is pretty cute. Andrew is ok too. Anyway, I am very glad that you are doing well also. Despite playing second fiddle in the drama that is 2007 so far...you are still in our prayers. (At least mine...I can't speak for the rest of my heathenistic family and their rumored non-praying ways)

Didi said...

Your Mother gave me your blog location. I enjoyed the story about Karl and all the facts about Germany, I plan to bookmark it and keep an eye on what your up too and share in your adventures. Love you, Didi

heather said...

Thank you all for reading...and commenting! I like to know this blog isn't lonely.